We strive to be environmentally responsible and actively look for ways we can improve the products and services we offer.
- In our nursery, we practice erosion control to protect the banks of the Sugar River.
- Our nursery stock and land management practices lead to clean air and create wildlife refuges.
- We grow trees, evergreens and shrubs on about 500 acres.
- We rotate crops to add nitrogen to the soil and to reduce soil compaction.
- We utilize an Integrated Pest Management (IPM) program to keep pests, disease and weeds under control.
- We pasture cattle to preserve areas we cannot mow.
- We utilize soil conservation practices to help keep the Sugar River clean.
- We have turkey, deer, water fowl, bald eagles, hawks, cranes and other birds as well as an increasing sport fish population.