This position is responsible for assisting with basic service and repair of small engine equipment as well as general cleaning and upkeep of the shop.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Performs basic required maintenance such as replacement and sharpening of blades, oil changes and other basic services of landscape management small engine equipment.
- Helps ensure equipment is in proper working order.
- May work under the supervision of Mechanics and Shop Manager to perform basic repairs.
- Performs pressure washing of equipment.
- Willingness to learn and develop additional mechanical skills.
- Maintains positive working relationships and interactions with co-workers in the shop and other departments.
- Completes information in work order system to properly document service and repair.
- Perform general building cleaning and maintenance as assigned.
- Services equipment in a timely manner so that The Company can continue to service our customers.
- Communicates safety concerns with the Shop Manager.
- Responsible for accurate recording each day of hours worked in our time system.
- Follows company policies and procedures such as attendance, conduct and dress code.
- Keeps work station and equipment clean and clear.
- Ensures compliance with company safety policies and procedures at all times.
- Performs other tasks as assigned by supervisor/manager.
- This position has no supervisory responsibilities
- Work is primarily performed both indoors and outdoors during all seasons.
- Exposure to outdoor weather conditions, including inclement weather (rain, snow, heat or cold).
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. Hearing protection is required for duties such as equipment operation that expose the individual to elevated noise levels.
- Duties of this position may expose the individual to chemicals and fertilizers.
To perform this job successfully, an individual will demonstrate and perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The ability to effectively communicate and interact, in a positive manner, with all Company personnel, regulatory agencies, customers, consultants and other contractor personnel is also required. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Education, Certification and License:
- High school diploma or equivalent is required.
- Technical degree or certificate in automotive or related is a plus.
- Valid driver’s license with good driving record is required.
- Some experience or familiarity with landscape equipment is required.
- Previous experience working in a shop or as a mechanic is preferred but not required.
- Mechanical aptitude and ability to perform basic repairs and required maintenance, or willingness to learn.
- Basic computer skills and ability to update computerized work orders and systems.
- Ability to problem-solve and quickly identify solutions.
- Ability to follow written and oral instructions.
- Ability to work alone or as part of a team.
- Must be able to communicate effectively in English.
- Bilingual in Spanish and English is helpful.
- Stands and walks for long periods of time throughout the day.
- Continuously squats, stoops, or kneels and lifts objects from ground.
- Full extension of arms above head and in front of body.
- Consistently lifts weight of up to 50 pounds.
- Occasionally carries and pushes/pulls weights of up to 75 pounds or more.
- Fine motor skills required for use of small equipment and tools.
- This is a Part-time Year Round position (approximately 10-20 hours per week as work load dictates).
- Typical work hours are Monday through Friday from 3:00pm to 7:00pm during our peak season (approximately April to November). Saturday hours as needed.
- Hours vary in winter months (approximately December through March) based on snow removal.
This position description is not intended to be a complete list of all duties and responsibilities of the job. Further, the duties assigned may be added, deleted or modified at any time at the discretion of management.
The Bruce Company is an EEO/AA employer
The Bruce Company Mission Statement
We are dedicated to maintaining the highest level of customer satisfaction by providing premium quality products, superior customer service and exceptional value, thereby assuring our customers and our communities of a continued presence and our employees of a quality and career oriented environment.
Employment Interest Form