The Mow Crew Member is responsible for providing the labor necessary to complete tasks such as mowing and edging of lawns, string trimming, dispersal of lawn clippings, raking and disposing of leaves and other yard waste, assisting with spring and fall cleanups, and other tasks as required.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Mow lawn either by hand or using a riding lawnmower
- Trim and edge around driveways, sidewalks, trees, mulch beds, and walls
- Eliminate accumulated clippings via blowing or raking
- Blow hard surfaces clean
- Participate in spring and fall cleanups as needed
- Load and secure all tools and other necessary equipment and materials
- Participate in equipment maintenance
- Take direction from the crew leader and complete other tasks as assigned
- Assist with the training of co-workers when qualified
- Follow and set the standards for a quality company image that invites customers to repeat their business
- Emphasize the importance of customer service to co-workers
- Communicate any concerns or problems regarding landscape management with the crew leader and production coordinator
- Communicate effectively with other co-workers to function as a team
- Assist with snow removal during the winter months as business needs dictate
- Performs other tasks as assigned by crew leader and/or supervisor
- This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
- Work is primarily performed outdoors during all seasons.
- Exposure to outdoor weather conditions, including inclement weather (rain, snow, heat or cold).
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. Hearing protection is required for duties such as equipment operation that expose the individual to elevated noise levels.
- Duties of this position may expose the individual to chemicals and fertilizers.
To perform this job successfully, an individual will demonstrate and perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The ability to effectively communicate and interact, in a positive manner, with all Company personnel, regulatory agencies, customers, consultants and other contractor personnel is also required. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Education, Certification and License:
- Valid driver’s license with good driving record is required.
- Previous lawn mowing experience is helpful, but not required.
- Must have previous experience with or ability to learn effective landscaping skills and techniques.
- Knowledge of trees, shrubs and other landscape products is helpful but not required.
- Must be able to communicate effectively in English.
- Stands and walks for long periods of time throughout the day.
- Squats, stoops, or kneels and lifts objects from ground frequently.
- Full extension of arms above head and in front of body.
- Consistently lifts weight of up to 50 pounds.
- Occasionally carries and pushes/pulls weights of up to 50 pounds.
- Fine motor skills required for use of small equipment and hand tools.
- This is a Full-time Seasonal position.
- Typical work hours are Monday through Friday from 6:45am to 5:00pm (40-55 hours per week) during our peak season (approximately April to November). Saturday hours as needed.
- Hours vary in winter months (approximately December through March) based on snow removal.
- Overtime may be required as workload dictates.
Starting pay range is $13.00 – $16.50 per hour, based on experience. Full time Seasonal employees are eligible for a competitive benefit package including, medical, dental, vision, and life insurances as well as a 401(k) retirement program.
This position description is not intended to be a complete list of all duties and responsibilities of the job. Further, the duties assigned may be added, deleted or modified at any time at the discretion of management.
The Bruce Company is an EEO/AA employer
Employment Interest Form