The Casual Outdoor Furniture Sales Associate is responsible for delivering exceptional customer service and maximizing sales through assisting customers with high-end custom casual outdoor furniture purchase and delivery.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Utilize design skills to assist customers in the selection of upscale casual furniture.
- Provide exceptional customer service and build long-lasting customer relationships through listening to customer needs and matching with the appropriate products.
- Complete furniture purchase order and entry into the Point of Sale (POS) system.
- Keep appropriate pricing and signage on floor models.
- Meet/exceed and contribute to sales targets.
- Serves as internal expert regarding custom furniture and vendor options to best assist with garden center customers’ with their product needs.
- Enhances customers’ shopping experience and creates a pleasant shopping environment.
- Engages customers and builds rapport and relationships to encourage return visits.
- Maintains presence of indoor general area; replenishes, picks up and straightens displays; maintains proper display and placement of signage.
- Performs sweeping and general cleaning of indoor areas.
- Maintains clean, organized and safe work environment.
- Develops familiarity with other products and items sold through the retail garden center, assisting in other areas as needed.
- Set standards for a satisfactory company image that invites customers to repeat their business.
- May assist with snow removal during the winter months as business needs dictate.
- Follows company safety policies and procedures at all times.
- This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
- Work is primarily performed indoors.
- May have exposure to outdoor weather conditions, including inclement weather (rain, snow, heat or cold).
- Exposure to standard office conditions, including exposure to heating and air conditioning and operation of computer.
To perform this job successfully, an individual will demonstrate and perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The ability to effectively communicate and interact, in a positive manner, with all Company personnel, regulatory agencies, customers, consultants and other contractor personnel is also required. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Prior customer service and sales experience is required.
- Previous experience working in a retail setting is preferred.
- Design experience or knowledge is preferred.
- Must be at least 18 years of age or older.
- Must be highly organized and detail-oriented in order to ensure accuracy and adherence to procedures.
- Must possess basic math and measurement skills.
- Able to multi-task, and work in a fast-paced environment.
- Proficient in use of computers and Point of Sale (POS) systems.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Good organizational and communication skills.
- Must be able to communicate effectively in English.
- Stands and walks for long periods of time throughout the day.
- Squats, stoops, or kneels and lifts objects from ground frequently.
- Full extension of arms above head and in front of body.
- Consistently lifts weight of up to 50 pounds.
- Occasionally carries and pushes/pulls weights of up to 75 pounds.
- Fine motor skills required for use of small equipment and hand tools.
- Full-time Year Round position (including some weeks of layoff in winter months as workload dictates)
- Typical work hours are Sunday through Saturday between 9:00am to 6:00pm (30-40 hours per week).
- Ability to work a minimum of two weekends per month (generally every other Saturday and Sunday) is required. Every weekend from May to June.
- Additional may be required as workload dictates.
- Optional snow removal duties are available during winter months (approximately December through March) with variable hours as needed.
Full time year round employees are eligible for a competitive benefit package including, medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurances, and paid time off as well as a 401(k) retirement program.
The Bruce Company is an EEO/AA employer
Employment Interest Form