The Landscape Construction Crew Member is responsible for performing labor and tasks necessary for the installation of landscape design elements. Individual assists other Crew Member(s) and Crew Leader with the transformation design plans into quality landscape designs meeting or exceeding our customer expectations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist in daily preparation of trucks and equipment, loading and securing equipment, plant and hardscape material needed.
- Performs planting of trees, shrubs, annuals and perennials as well as installation of wood and stone mulch.
- Installs hardscape, water features, lighting and irrigation systems including retaining walls, boulders, wall stone, pavers, etc.
- Performs all tasks involved in installation such as digging, shoveling, raking, sweeping, pruning, watering, picking stones and clearing of debris.
- Restores existing landscapes.
- Loads and unloads materials and supplies (requires lifting in excess of 50 pounds or more).
- May operate equipment such as trucks, Bobcats, compactors, trenchers, masonry saws, etc.
- Uses hand tools such as wheelbarrows, shovels, rakes, picks, brooms, etc.
- Ensures daily maintenance of tools and equipment (cleaning, sharpening, greasing, fueling, etc.)
- Completes cleanup of work site.
- Assist with snow removal during the winter months as business needs dictate.
- Follows company safety policies and procedures at all times.
- Work is primarily performed outdoors during all seasons.
- Exposure to outdoor weather conditions, including inclement weather (rain, snow, heat or cold).
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. Hearing protection is required for duties such as equipment operation that expose the individual to elevated noise levels.
- Duties of this position may expose the individual to chemicals and fertilizers.
To perform this job successfully, an individual will demonstrate and perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The ability to effectively communicate and interact, in a positive manner, with all Company personnel, regulatory agencies, customers, consultants and other contractor personnel is also required. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Education, Certification and License:
- Valid driver’s license with good driving record is required; commercial driver’s license (CDL) is helpful.
- Previous experience with or ability to learn effective landscaping skills and techniques.
- Previous equipment operating experience (loader, bobcat, skid steer or other used in landscape installation) is helpful but not required.
- Knowledge of trees, shrubs and other landscape products is helpful but not required.
- Must be able to communicate effectively in English.
- Stands and walks for long periods of time throughout the day.
- Squats, stoops, or kneels and lifts objects from ground frequently.
- Full extension of arms above head and in front of body.
- Consistently lifts weight of up to 50 pounds.
- Occasionally carries and pushes/pulls weights of up to 50 pounds.
- Fine motor skills required for use of small equipment and hand tools.
- This is a Full-time position.
- Typical work hours are Monday through Friday from 6:30am to 5:00pm (40-55 hours per week) during our peak season. Saturday hours as needed.
- Hours vary in winter months based on snow removal.
- Overtime may be required as workload dictates.
Full time employees are eligible for a competitive benefit package including, medical, dental, vision, and life insurances as well as a 401(k) retirement program.
The Bruce Company is an EEO/AA employer